Saturday, January 16, 2010

Day 10 January 4th

Today we arrived in Punta Del Este. Wow. This is my kind of town. $$$$$. Everything is so expensive!!! I told Diego that one day if I am a millionaire that’s where I want to live. It feels a lot more like home here.


We arrive at our “hotel” on the beach it’s not really what I was expecting but I can deal with it. We have our own private beach that is beautiful!! The “hotel” is owned by the company Martin works for and they let the employees rent out rooms with points that they have earned. It is like nothing I have ever seen before. There is a community kitchen and eating area. You have your room number on pieces of plastic that you can put on a fridge, gas burner, and table. We had done all of our grocery shopping before we left Montevideo so we unloaded all of our stuff and went to hang out.

Our room reminds me of our trailer that we used to camp in when I was young. It’s a long room with 6 bunk beds, 1 closet, and 1 bathroom. We are in the room with 5 adults and 2 kids under the age of 3.

I was so scared to go in the water but I finally did it. It was a little scary at first but Diego is really good in the water so he helped me when I got scared. It was fun to learn what you do when the big waves came. {Yeah I am 24 and deathly afraid of water, even in the pool I won’t go past the 4 foot mark.} We played in the water for about an hour. When I got out I still had the feeling that I was getting hit by little waves!

We went out to get ice cream for Natalia’s birthday. We finally found an ice cream shop in the mall. They have dippin dots here! {It’s not called dippin dots but it was the same thing.} My favorite thing ever!

No comments: